Contact us for battery replacement or
electrical system repairs.
To safely jump start, follow these steps:
1. Take out your jumper cables.
It's a good idea to buy a set of jumper cables and keep them in the
trunk compartment. If you don't have jumper cables, you'll have to
find a Good Samaritan who not only is willing to assist you but has
jumper cables as well.
2. Place both cars in Park or Neutral, with their ignitions
shut off and their emergency brakes on.
3. Connect the cables.
The positive cable has red clips (+) at either end, and the negative
cable has black clips (-). It's important to attach them in the
1. First, attach one of the red clips to the positive terminal
of your battery (it has "POS" or "+" on it.
2. Attach the other red clip to the positive terminal of the Good
3. Attach one of the black clips to the negative terminal on the
Good Samaritan's battery.
4. Attach the last black clip to an unpainted metal surface on your
car that isn't near the carburetor (if your car has one) or battery.
Figure 1 shows how both the positive and negative cables should be
Figure 1: Make sure to connect jumper cables in the proper order.
5. Try to start your vehicle (Do not have the Good Samaritan's car
running. If your car has electrical issues it could damage their car
If it won't start, make sure that the cables are properly connected. Then try to
start your car again. If it still won't start, your battery may be
6. Disconnect the cables, thank the Good Samaritan, and resume your
Don't shut off your engine; drive around for a while to recharge
Improper Connection of Cables can damage either or both vehicles